There are several steps you can take to try to resolve the issue. This may be due to your newer Mac running on a 64 bit browser, and Silverlight works best on a 32 bit browser.
The steps are outlined below. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Step 1: Please close all browsers and restart your computer and then attempt to play the presentations.
Step 2: Please try downloading Silverlight and accessing the content under other browsers currently installed on your computer (Firefox, Chrome)
Next Steps: If the above fixes do not work, you will need to check if your browser is running in 32-bit mode or 64-bit by running the report at the following link: http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.aspx?doJvmd=1
Look for an item in the results called "browser bit size" and it will say either : 32 bits or 64 bits.
Please note: Mac OS X 10.6 and newer defaults to 64-bit browser, so if it is a newer computer it may be running 64-bit browsers, and you will need to run on a 32 bit browser.
If it is running on a 64 bit browser, you will need to change it to 32 bit. To change from a 32 bit to 64 bit, please follow the instructions below.
- Click the "Finder" icon on the dock at the bottom of your screen.
- Select "Applications" at the left side of the Safari window.
- Press and hold the "Control" key on your keyboard and click the "Safari" icon.
- Click "Get Info" in the menu that appears.
- Click the "Open in 32-bit Mode" check box.
- Close the Safari Info window.
- Quit Safari by pressing "Cmd-Q" and then reopen Safari.
When complete, download Silverlight if it did not download properly before. If these steps do not resolve the problem, please contact us for additional troubleshooting.